About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

19 mai 2013

Literary Birthday - Jodi Picoult, 19 May


Happy Birthday, Jodi Picoult, born 19 May 1966
Jodi Picoult’s Top Three Writing Tips
  1. Read a ton. Reading will inspire you. It will also help you find out where you belong as a writer.
  2. Write every day. Treat writing as a job. There is no such thing as waiting for the muse. If you want to to be taken seriously as a writer, take writing seriously.
  3. Do not stop in the middle of your first book. Finish it. No matter what. All writers go through this. It’s more of a fear of not being good enough that makes you stop. You think, ‘What if I’m not as good as I thought I was?’ Do not allow it to stop you. If you don’t finish that first book you’re making life difficult for yourself.
To read more about Jodi Picoult’s writing routine, the best book she’s written, and her thoughts on Hollywood, follow this link
Picoult is the best-selling author of 18 novels, including My Sister’s Keeperand Sing Me Home. Her last five novels have debuted at number one on the New York Times best-seller list.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...