About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

16 februarie 2013

Review Fall from Grace/ Saving Grace by Christine Zolendz

About the book Fall from Grace(Mad World 1)(Goodreads)

Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)I'm finally home after struggling through my brother's illness and death. But, home is definitely a bit different. My best friend (the only person alive now that knows my secret) has a new boyfriend; and he has a friend. Shane Maxton: bad boy, tattooed rock god, eye candy extraordinaire. He is also New York City's most arrogant, self-serving, son of a, well, a definite one-night stand kind of a guy.

But, it doesn't matter to me because I've spent my existence looking for the love of my life, my angel. And, there is nothing that Shane Maxton can do to change that. 



Saving Grace(Mad World 2)  - About book(Goodreads)

After spending over 2,000 years being a lost soul looking for the angel I was forbidden to fall in love with, I finally found him. Lucky for me he has taken up residence inside the hot body of NYC’s local bad boy, tattooed rock star, Shane Maxton. Turns out, not only is he absolutely perfect, so is the whole Grace Taylor life that I’m stuck in. The only problem is Gabriel. An archangel who wants me all to himself so he kind of kidnaps me. Now I have to find my way back and hope everything works out…


My thoughts for both books

" Please Grace whatever it is you're going after, please try to find it here in me. I will try my best to be the man that you need me to be"

OMG, I’m so inlove with this serie. How not to? Christine Zolendz writes an fantastic story, with incredible easiness, that leaves you breathless. I’ve read both books almost in one sitting... The story is fast paced, hilarious and steamy :) Yeah, I know. But steaminess of one book is not enough for me to keep going with a story.  I really loved the plot behind the twists and the heartbreaking drama.  

It was a read from which I had no expectations, but... , OMG, I fall hard for Shane  *blushing* I'm going crazy, right??? But, damn this man is ... perfect? Take a look at him:

"I want you to tell me why you have a pair of broken angel wings on your shoulder. I want you to tell me why you cut your wrists and I want to know why and how you play and sing the way you do, but most of all I want you to tell me what I need to do to be a good enough man for you.”

There are so many bad reviews on GR... but... I really enjoyed the both books for being fast paced and hilarious... there are few objection I would make... but I don’t ... there are enough bad ones :P


The whole story is like a unpolished diamond. There were so many moments that should be more elaborated, but you can pass over them and see the entire concept of Christine Zolendz’s  books :  unique, addictive, with all the right ingredients for a great story and a promising writing style.

This second book is like a beautiful song... flowing, beguiling and heart wrenching... all ups and downs..and all the banter and comical situations when you are sure thet they finally get togheter... there's an "it" interrupting

And there are moments when you don’t know if your  heart  can keep up with the intensity of their interactions :)


“I promise you, I will pick up every broken piece of you, every single f**king piece, Grace, and for the rest of my life, I will put you back together… I’ll make you whole again.“ 

You get one hint at the time, the author, practically, leaves you guessing and uncertain about what will follow. The second book took a step back  from paranormal set and focused on the character development, and with all intense sexual tension, witty comebacks and hilarious moments put me on fast forward read :P


Her characters keep you in a perpetual state of  mixed feelings about them. I went through so many emotions with them that I almost felt like I knew every one of them. The chemistry between H/H  is so intense, the author give us one of the most maddening foreplays ever :)  

I’ve tried to keep at bay th details because  I’ll be tempted to give spoilers away ... And is not fair to keep you from reading this series .

But I tell you this.....  I loved being in Grace's head, hearing her thoughts, feeling her emotions...


“It is a pure soul who can hold true the in­no­cence and time­less­ness of pas­sion in an­oth­er soul. Each un­veil­ing the great­est pieces of the oth­er, locked to­geth­er at the heart for eter­ni­ty” 

4 stars 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...