About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

10 februarie 2013

Review "Consequences" by Aleatha Romig


Consequences (Consequences, #1)About the book
Besieged by memories of a brutal abduction, Claire Nichols wakes in an unfamiliar bedroom, within a luxurious mansion. Her recollections have one common denominator, the man she just met, Anthony Rawlings.Many of the pivotal events in her life occurred, due to his sinister manipulation. Every action has a consequence, and his actions result in their chance meeting. 

More than a psychological thriller, Consequences is a vivid story of one woman’s struggle to survive incomprehensible circumstances. Every aspect of her being suddenly depends upon the tall, wealthy, dark haired, dark eyed businessman. Anthony Rawlings is known to the world as prosperous, benevolent, and kind. Claire quickly learns that he can also be a menacing controlling captor. 

With few options but concession, Claire attempts to earn her freedom, while enduring a hellish existence that truly appears perfect. Persevering tests and trials, she struggles to retain her pure Midwest values and beliefs. Encouraged by memories of a loving upbringing, she gains strength in the simplest of joys: solitude in nature and good in the face of evil. 

His goal in sight, Anthony’s calculated agenda encounters an unforeseen detour. He becomes captivated by Claire’s beauty, resilience, and determination. The interaction of these two compelling characters instigates strong emotions: fear, anger, love, and lust. Claire and Anthony’s tumultuous journey flows into uncharted waters of intrigue and passion. 

Utilizing vivid detail, this 167,000-word novel unfolds like a movie, before the eyes of its readers. From the opening criminal abduction, through twists and turns, to the unlikely romantic thrills, the suspense climaxes as Anthony’s motivation becomes evident. 

Anthony and Claire must decide if they will stay true to one another, or allow preceding actions to result in justifiable Consequences.


My first reaction:
OMG... WTF did I just read??? I'm done with this one, it's past 2 o'clock in the morning and my mind is blank... "Consequences" is a book about the cause and effect of people... about appearances... and I totally hated it.

I hated him, I hated her, I hate that all their behaviours have consequences... damn, I almost hate myself for enjoying it… Why? Simply because this story borders the insanity. 

With all the psychological terror and the mind f*ck games, Ms Roming put me on a roller coaster and I enjoyed every single minute of it!!

REVIEW UPDATE

“Survival  is not so much about the body, but rather it is about the triumph of the human spirit.”—Danita Vance

I finished this book couple days ago, but I just needed some time to wrap my head around this. Sooooooo…

My mind has just been supremely and utterly mind f**ked! This book is AN INSANE, INTENSE and FASCINATING roller coaster drive. It will blow your mind and let you emotionally drained and I can tell you it will push you over your own limits. But the story is a magnetic and addictive puzzle and you’re just feeling helpless and keep reading.

This story is about apperances… As Ms Romig tell us: “Trust not too much to appearance.—Virgil”

1. The act or an instance of coming into sight.- checked
2. The act or an instance of coming into public view:  - checked
3. Outward aspect: pretence  - checked
4. One of the outward signs or indications by which a person or thing is assessed -checked
5. A superficial aspect; a semblance: - checked

and consequences

but 

 “Life is not what it’s supposed to be. It’s what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.”—Virginia Satir

My ramble while reading this amazing story, send it to my friend D. (Thank you for pushing me to read it!)

“Did you felt for once in a while that, because of the third person story, you couldn't connect with characters??  Happens to me for the first time. I'm not a first person or the third person story reader... I'd love the story nonetheless...but this one had issues...I feel detached like I watch everything through a window... I wasn't expecting romance and so many 5 stars reviews... 

“I just hate both of them... her for being so stupid to accept all his s*it(beating, humiliation, controll...)and him for... I JUST HATE HIM. PERIOD!!!
I'll keep reading. I'm curious how this sick story goes...”

“I really thought I got this book wrong... I never experienced smth like this... like hate both main characters...  But, I love the story in a kind twisted way :)) maybe I'm just testing my limits *shaking heads*

“He did try to atone and to redem for what he's done, but still!  He's the same sick bastard, right? There is a precedent in his actions, he will never be a normal man... and his anger, I think, has deep roots, so ... if he suspects her for not keep the f**king appearances one more time... ohhh, God, I don't even want to go there...”

“Back to the proposal...albeit, a sweet moment, I feel it false and fraud...”

“He's playing nice... but for how long??? resident evil is not sleeping,just waiting...there is smth good in everyone, even in him... I just can't belive he can change...but, God, I'm hoping :))”

“D, I knew it!! the insecure bastard!!! I simply knew... his insanity goes too deep. OMG,D, this man is the epitom of polarity disorder... in my others emails I said that I belive he has double personality :)) Now, I AM SURE!!

“she was delusional all this time...lying herself...maybe hoping he can stay on his good side... but... this author is playing with us...

“It's starting!!!!I feel like screaming to her: You know what?? You pay for your own stupidity, you idiotic girl. You shlould have find a way to escape this cruel, insane bastard... But, nononononono, you fall inlove with your executioner... how f**ked up is that???

Back to my thoughts
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life. Define yourself.—Harvey Fierstein

What Claire experiences is beyond anything I ever imagined. This story isn’t a romance in any sense. I think it would better described as a “psychological  thriller”, a real mind f*ck game, the kind of dark read, which take a love story to a twisted, crazy higher level. Oh, yes, there is a lovestory nonetheless, as sick and crazy as is sounds.

“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us.”—David Seamands

This book is about a psychotic, unstable and sick SOB in search for revenge. He targets a young woman, kidnapping her and destroys her just because he had to complete a promise. But that’s not all… He play with her mind, the kind of power mind game and put her in an intricately web, that let you shocked, confused  and  mind blowed.

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal. It strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it”

The whole story is a untangled web… in one moment you think you see under the surface and than **DANG** another thing happened… and you get played.  Ms Romig is the master puppeteer . Her stage is the book and our minds.  Unbelivable, right??

There are  two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.”—Plato

“Consequences “is superbly written. Ms Aleatha Romig has an amazing talent with descriptions and word developing. Even there were moments when the abundance of details seems overwhelming, but I think it was necessary to write them to make us understand  the complete picture.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”—Maria Robinson

My updates on GR progress show that I had a personal fight with this book :)

79.0%
"It's beyond my understanding how she accept his crystal prison"
76.0%
"Now, I'm sure that the constant terror is killing her bit by bit, even if she doesn't acknowledged yet"
69.0%
"The Stockholm Syndrome, at his best!!! Still hate him!" 6 comments
48.0%
"I need to compartmentalize!!!"
34.0%
"What a sick bastard!!"
34.0%
""life is not what is supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what make the difference""
34.0%
"He's playing with her mind. Power play. She behave exacly like Pavlov's dog..."
31.0%
"he has double personality or what??? this book is one hell of a ride... and I love it!!!"
25.0%
"she think he's handsome?? oh, I sense some Stockholm Syndrom here!!!"
19.0%
"Human beings, by changing the inner attitude of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives""
19.0%
"WTF??? he's washing her brain out and erasing her identity!!!"
"I'm curious, intrigued and excited about this one."

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”—Robert Frost

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...