About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

8 februarie 2013

Literary Birthday - Jules Verne, 8 February

Happy Birthday, Jules Verne, born 8 February 1828, died 24 March 1905
Five Quotes
  1. We are of opinion that instead of letting books grow mouldy behind an iron grating, far from the vulgar gaze, it is better to let them wear out by being read.
  2. Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real.
  3. I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.
  4. Science, my boy, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.
  5. Well, I feel that we should always put a little art into what we do. It’s better that way.
Verne is referred to as the ‘father of science fiction’. He wrote his first novel, Five Weeks in a Balloon, at 35. He became the second most translated author on earth, writing books about innovations and technological advancements years before they were realities. His best known novels are Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, and Around the World in Eighty Days.
 for Writers Write

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...