About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

4 decembrie 2012

Review "Wallbanger" by Alice Clayton


Wallbanger
Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…


In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight

My thoughts
Never thought that searching for mighty "O" could be a great adventure!!!! This book is a funny and smexy read!!! Simon is the perfect epitom of man with a crazy appetite ;)) And Caroline is a sweet, witty, with a crazy addiction for KitchenAid :)

I loved the constant double meaning of their banter. Their exchange is fabulous. I enjoyed reading between the lines :))


"Text intercepted from Simon to Caroline
You done with work? 
Yep, at home and waiting for you 
Now that brings up a nice visual... 
Prepare yourself Wallbanger, I'm taking bread out of the oven 
Don't tease me woman...zucchini? 
Cranberry orange...mmm 
No woman has ever done breakfast bread foreplay the way you do
HA! When are you coming? 
Can't. Drive. Straight. 
Can we have one conversation when you're not twelve? 
Sorry, I'll be there in 30 "

Ohhh, and I loved Clive...he is such a fun character and I don't even like cats :))

We can say a lot of things about this book, but we can't say that lacks at tempting your senses ;)) Swear to God that I can see and smell that damn apple pie, and bread zucchini, and... *drooling*

I laughed a loooot, but in the middle, there are some stupid moments(inner dialogues in car were boring me to death) and I forced myself to read on... I DO NOT REGRETED!! 

It was a refreshing read, with great humor and enjoyable characters!!!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...