About me

I am a book addict. I cannot even deny it and I want no cure. Cultivating love and passion for reading

29 noiembrie 2012

Review Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

About book
When it comes to the laws of attraction, there are no rules. The battle between the sexes is about to make these two lawyers hot under the collar. Opposites collide when two lawyers try to make partner at the same firm. Payton Kendall is a feminist to the bone. Cocky J.D. Jameson was born privileged. But when they're asked to join forces on a major case, they gain a newfound awareness of each other's personal assets. The partnership spot will be offered to only one of them, though. The competition heats up. Sparks fly. Let the games begin.


Practice Makes Perfect
„Not that it was a competition between them.
Not at all”

Payton: “I think that you are an uptight, pony-owning, trickle-down-economics-loving, Scotch-on-the-rocks-drinking, my-wife-better-take-my-last-name sexist jerk!”


JD: “Well, at least I’m not a stubborn, button-pushing, Prius-driving, chip-on-your-shoulder-holding, ‘stay-at-home-mom’-is-the-eighth-dirty-word-thinking feminazi!”


Noooooooo, there no competition! Not at all ;)) And the chemistry between them is amazing!

About a week ago,  I needed a light and hilarious read  and my friend D recommended it to me.  So, like others rec from her I give it a try. And… I totally love this book. I was grinning the most of my reading time.  This is a classical romance, not steamy and hot like contemporary ones, but all the flirty stuff can be read between the lines.  Sometimes is good to leave  something to your  imagination. ;)

Their interactions were funny, witty and the tension between them always piched, worth my time. I love their constant war,  but in my mind Payton always win.  A bit feministic? Yeah, so what? Women must stick togheter ;)) 

She’s a modern, ambitous independent woman, a great lawyer, too. 
JD is the perfect misogynist! Though and edgy. And sweet, romantic and above all,  crazy inlove with Payton from the second one he sees her. At the end, Mr Right is the hero, even if he dosen't know yet =)) I really liked that this book is angst free. I love Payton much more than JD. Don't judge me!!!!  ;)

This book was everything I was hoping to just relax with. The story is slighty predictable, but I think is the way author intended to be. Julie James s easiness  to write funny  situations and  create so fine characters is admirable.

 I definitely recommend it !!!

PS Reading this book it was like watching Ally McBeal, one of my favourite shows just for that specific reasons(I miss all this wonderful, funniest, crazyest characters)!!! And to make my point, I never missed any re-runs, over the years :) And Barry White is singing in my head, right now! =))

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...